Starbond Glue is a so-called CA adhesive (cyanoacrylate). CA-based adhesives are one-component reactive adhesives that cure spontaneously under atmospheric conditions with the residual moisture of the bonding surface and the environment. They are therefore often referred to as instant adhesives. The adhesive is available in different viscosities.
The producer of Starbond Glue has 50 years of experience in the production of cyanocrylate glue and this is reflected in the excellent quality of the products. The glue is available in different viscosities from thin like water to viscous like honey. The number of the adhesive indicates the viscosity in millipascal-seconds.Accelerator ("accelerator" or also "activator")
are used to significantly shorten the reaction time of CA-adhesive.
In the field of preparation our customers use this adhesive for hardening fossils and stones. There are also countless applications in taxidermy and skeleton mounting. Detailed information for further applications and material compatibility can be found in the detailed description (download below).
The advantages of Starbond Glue:
- Water and UV resistant (no yellowing)
- Elastic and flexible (no embrittlement)
- Extremely resistant to attacks by alcohol, grease, oil and aggressive hand sweat
- Cures bubble-free and crystal clear without clouding
- Can be built up to several, thick layers
- less odorous than conventional superglues
- produces an extremely robust surface finish
- can be easily polished to a mirror-like high gloss
- various viscosities and colours: from the water-thin EM 02 to the tough, honey-like EM 2000
We offer the most commonly used items from stock. However, we would also be happy to provide you with the other preferable types or even larger containers (56g or large containers of 453 g). You will find a detailed description of all available products as a download below. Special adhesives with reduced odour or increased flexibility are also available.